Friend and student Ryan McGurk brought his newest guitar for me to checkout. As always, touch the pic to enlage each image.
The following is excerpt from the Gibson website…
Faithfully re-created with Mini Humbuckers designed by Jim De Cola and Jeff “Skunk” Baxter. Electronics offer push/pull coil split on each volume and Orange drop capacitors with 15dB boost. Like other 2015 Les Paul models, the 2015 Les Paul Deluxe commemorates the visionary’s birth with a special 100 Les Paul headstock hologram. Other features include an asymmetrical, rounded C neck profile, adjustable zero-fret nut, plain maple top and removable pickguard.
All 2015 Gibson models benefit from some important upgrades:
- G-Force tuning system.
- Zero Fret Nut – Patent applied for nut with adjustable action
- Wider neck and fingerboard (.050 per side) for increa sed playing comfort
- Tune-o-matic bridge featuring hex wrench adjustment on thumbscrews for easy action adjustments
- Professional setup – Accurate intonation, PLEK program, 27% lower fretwire
- Smoother sanded/buffed fingerboard with oil treatment
- One-piece thicker rosewood fingerboard
- Pearl inlays return on all product
- More robust cables change from 28 AWG to 26 AWG for improved signal
- Improved jack design for uninterrupted signal
- No satin or vintage gloss finishes: All SKUs will be gloss lacquer
- Hardshell case on all models